12 Months/ 12,000 Miles
Every car financed at Dothan Motor Company, Inc. comes with a warranty that lasts for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
50/50 or $100 Deductible
We have two types of warranties at DMC, the 50/50 and the $100 Deductible.
50/50 - Cars of model year 1998 or older, or any car sold with 125,000 mi. or greater come with the 50/50 warranty. In this warranty, the customer is responsible for paying 50% of the cost of parts and labor and for paying the entirety of taxes and shop fees on the parts used.
$100 Deductible - Cars of model year 1999 or newer and with less than 125,000 mi. come with the $100 Deductible warranty. In this warranty, the customer is responsible for paying the $100 deductible and the entirety of taxes and shop fees on the parts used.
Standard Security Coverage Plan Includes:
Air Conditioning System: Compressor, compressor clutch assembly, condenser, condenser fan and motor, evaporator, expansion valve, orilice tube, pressure regulatory assembly, receiver dryer/accumulator, temperature control programmer, and module.
Axle Assembly Components (front and rear wheel drive): All internally lubricated components within the drive axle housing including: bearings, carrier assembly, gears, thrust washers, shafts, and spacers. Drive axle housing, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered drive axle assembly component. In addition, the following external drive axle parts: axle shafts, center support bearing and mount, constant velocity joints and boots, drive shaft, universal joints and flex disks, viscous coupling.
Engine Components: All internally lubricated components including: camshaft, camshaft bearings, connecting rods, connecting rod bearings, crankshaft, crankshaft bearings, freeze plugs, lifters, mechanical fuel pump, oil pump, oil pump gears, oil pump shaft, pistons, piston rings, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, rocker arm pivots, timing chain, timing gears, timing chain guides, valves valve lash adjusters, valve seats, valve springs, valve guides, variable valve timing parts, and wrist pins. Rotary engine components including apex seal, bearings, eccentric shaft, and rotor, Cylinder head, engine block, or rotor housing, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered engine component. In addition, the following external engine parts; cam/valve covers, crankshaft pulley, engine mounts, engine oil reservoir, engine oil reservoir pump, drive shaft, exhaust manifolds, flex plate, flywheel, harmonic balancer, intake manifold, intercooler, oil pan, pulleys, ring gear, timing cover, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, timing gears, thermostat, vacuum pump, water pump.
Transmission (automatic) Components: All internally lubricated components including: bands, bearings, carrier, drums, gears, governor, hubs, pump, pump housing, servos, shafts, valve body. Transmission case, only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered transmission component. In addition, the following external transmission parts: torque converter, transmission mounts, vacuum modulator.
Transmission (manual) and Transfer Case Components: All internally lubricated components including: bearings, gears, hubs, shafts, shift rails, shift forks, synchronizers. Transmission and transfer case, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered transmission or transfer case component. In addition, the following external transmission and transfer case parts: transmission mounts. Seals and gaskets are only covered when required for a covered repair. (Minor loss of fluid and seepage is considered normal and is not a covered repair).
AVPsm Vehicle Service Contract will not pay anything for - a Breakdown:
- due to or contributed to by rust, corrosion, foreign objects and/or contaminations of fuels, fluids, refrigerants, or lubricants;
- due to freezing or overheating, due to any cause, including as a result of overheating due to water pump failure;
- due to misuse, abuse, or negligence including but not limited to Breakdowns that occur when not driving on legally marked roadways;
- due to the lack of normal maintenance required by the manufacturer's maintenance schedule;
- due to or caused by improper servicing or repairs;
- due to the failure to maintain proper levels of oil, coolant, lubricants, or fluids due to any cause;
- due to cracked cylinder heads and/or cracked engine blocks unless caused by the failure of an internally lubricated part;
- due to alteration, installations, or modifications that have been made to Your Vehicle that do not meet the manufacturer's original specifications; or the use of Your Vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; this includes but is not limited to, any custom or add-on part, all frame and suspension modifications, lift kits, oversized/undersized tires, emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, or engine modifications;
- cause by collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, falling object, acts of God, or environmental damage
- covered by a Warranty or by any other manufacturer's or repairer's guarantee;
- due to pulling a trailer or another vehicle unless Your Vehicle is equipped as recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer and the tower trailer or vehicle meets the manufacturer's limitations and specifications;
- if Your Vehicle is used for a taxi, limousine, or shuttle; used for livery, hire, rental, delivery service, postal service, police, fire, ambulance, security, or emergency service; snow removal, commercial towing, hauling, racing or other competition, principally for off-road use;
- if Your Vehicle is used for commercial or business se by more than one driver on a regular basis;
- repair of replacement made without prior approval from AVPsm;
- caused by a non-Covered part;
- if the odometer of Your Vehicle has ceased to operate, been altered, disconnected, or replaced and the Odometer Mileage in any way does not accurately reflect the actual mileage of Your Vehicle;
- that has been determined to have existed prior to the purchase date of the Vehicle Service Contract; or if the Breakdown does not occur during or is not reported to AVPsm within the term of the Vehicle Service Contract; repairs to or replacement of:
- any Covered part if a Breakdown has not occurred or if the wear on that part has not exceeded the tolerances allowed by the manufacturer but which a repair facility recommends or requires to be repaired in connection with a Covered Breakdown; this includes any expense due to engineering upgrades;
- piston rings and intake or exhaust valves which have not sustained a Breakdown but requiring removal of carbon deposits or other material by grinding and/or refacing of the valves or seats and cleaning and/or replacement of the pistons and piston rings to restore engine compression or reduce oil consumption;
- any emission control devices solely to meet emissions standards required by State and/or Federal law;
- additional damage to Covered parts as a result of the failure to protect Your Vehicle from further damage when a Breakdown has occurred;
- incidental or consequential loss or damage that is the result of a Covered Breakdown; this includes but is not limited to any liability whatsoever for economic loss, damage or injury to persons or property resulting from a Breakdown; further, Coverage is similarly limited for the loss of use, time, profit, inconvenience, lodging, food, or any other incidental or consequential loss, except as specifically provided for by Travel and Lodging Coverage; This exclusion may not apply in some states which disallow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages.
- Breakdowns that occur and/or repairs made outside of the United States of America and Canada;
- storage charges, freight or delivery charges for parts, shop supplies, or hazardous waste disposal; 25. repair of water and air leaks, squeaks and rattles, wind noise, or alignment of body parts, bumpers, and glass.